Asus Studiobook S W700 Key Specs & Features
- Windows 10 Pro
- upto 64GB RAM
- 17-inch LED-backlit FHD NanoEdge display, 1920 x 1200
- NVIDIA® Quadro® P3200 6GB GDDR5 VRAM
- Turquoise Grey
- 57Wh 3-cell lithium-polymer battery
- Fingerprint Sensor
The Taiwan-based hardware and electronics company unveiled the ZenBook S13 which comes with the world’s thinnest bezels on a laptop at the event. Equally, the ASUS StudioBook S W700 was unveiled.
ASUS StudioBook S W700 Key Specs
- Dimension: 382 x 286 x 18.4 mm (15.03 x 11.25 x 0.72 inch)
- Weight: 5.27 lbs (2.39 kg)
- Display: 17.3 inch, 1920 x 1200 px, IPS, anti-glare, 97% DCI-P3 color gamut, Pantone validated
- Processor: Intel Core i7-8750H (2.2 – 4.1GHz) CPU or Intel Xeon E-2176M (2.7 – 4.4 GHz)
- GPU: Nvidia Quadro P3200 with 6GB memory
- Storage: Up to two 2TB PCIe 3.0 x4 SSDs
- Memory: up to 64 GB DDR4-2667 (2x DIMMs, ECC support)
- Connectivity: Wireless AC 802.11ax, Bluetooth 5.0, LAN (via USB adapter)
- Battery: 57 Wh (180W charger)
- Ports: 3x USB-A 3.1 gen 2, 1x USB-C with Thunderbolt 3, HDMI 2.0, SD 4.0/UHS-II SD card reader, mic/headphone
The bottom chassis is slim but manages to pack an array of ports ranging from USB-A to USB-C, Thunderbolt 3 port, HDMI, and SD card reader; content creators can connect external monitors, thumb drives, peripherals, as well as external storages to the workstation in a variety of ways, all at once eliminating the need for USB hubs and adapters.
Interestingly, the ASUS StudioBook S W700 also supports WiFi 6 connectivity (802.11ax) for ultra-fast internet speeds and data transfer.
Thanks to the hinge design, the StudioBook S W700 workstation opens up to 180° and allows for easy collaboration on projects when designing, creating contents with colleagues, or showcasing works to clients.
The trackpad also doubles as a calculator number pad as it features a discrete NumberPad that can be activated and deactivated with just a tap at the top-right corner of the trackpad. With the discrete NumberPad turned on, users can still use the trackpad to control the cursor on the screen.
The display on the StudioBook S (W700) is one of the highlight components of the workstation. The device comes with a LED-backlit screen with an actual size of 17-inch but fits into a 15-inch frame.
This is as a result of the large (84%) screen-to-body ratio of the device, achieved by the narrow bezel design. The 17-inch NanoEdge display has a resolution of 1920 x 1200 pixels, 178° viewing angle and 93% DCI-P3 color gamut.
If you are a creative that works with a lot of graphics, work collaboratively with colleagues and clients on projects, and accurate color representation is your thing, the display of the ASUS StudioBook S W700 will do you proud.
Processor and Storage
Processor-wise, there are two models of the StudioBook S workstation, both of which have powerful configurations. Both processors are made by Intel and users can either choose a StudioBook S with a Xeon E-2176M CPU or another with a Core i7-8750H CPU.
Both models use a power-efficient NVIDIA Quadro P3200 GPU designed for professional applications and supports DDR4 RAM with a maximum capacity of 64GB.
Because the StudioBook is a powerful workstation with powerful innards to match, ASUS fitted five (5) heat pipes and two aluminum-alloy cooling fans to combat heating up and thermal throttling during usage. ASUS also claims that the fans are ultra-silent during operation and run at a low sound level below 35dB.
ASUS embedded a 3-cell 57Wh lithium-polymer battery within the StudioBook S W700. Yes, the battery is reduced and, given how powerful the workstation is expected to be, may not be able to operate for long hours on battery backup.
This reduced battery size is however understandable as a compromise that needed to be made to maintain the device’s slim architecture.
ASUS StudioBook S W700 Price and Availability
There are no available details regarding the price of the device at the moment. As per availability, ASUS says the workstation will be available to be purchased when it officially launches in the coming months (i.e later in the year 2019).
Asus StudioBook S W700 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Asus StudioBook S W700:
- OS: Windows 10 Pro
- Processor: Intel® Xeon® E-2176M processor 2.7GHz hexa-core with Turbo Boost (up to 4.4GHz) and 12MB cache, Intel® Core™ i7-8750H processor
- GPU: NVIDIA® Quadro® P3200 6GB GDDR5 VRAM
- Memory: upto 64GB RAM
- Colours: Turquoise Grey
- Dimension: 18.4 x 382 x 286 mm
- Weight: 2.39kg
Display & Keyboard
- Display: 17-inch LED-backlit FHD NanoEdge display, 1920 x 1200
- Keyboard: Full-size backlit keyboard with 1.4mm key travel and privacy hotkeys
- Pointing Device: –
- Built-in Storage: upto 4TB
- Optical Storage: –
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
Ports & Connectivity
- Webcam: Yes, HD Web
- USB Ports: Yes, USB 3.1
- HDMI: Yes, HDMI 2.0
- Thunderbolt Ports: Yes, Thunderbolt 3
- DisplayPort: Yes, Display Port 1.4
- VGA: Yes
- Ethernet (RJ-45): –
- SD Slot: Yes
- Mic/Headphone: Yes
- WLAN: Yes, Dual-band 2×2 Wi-Fi 6
- Bluetooth: Yes Bluetooth 5.0
- NFC: –
- Docking Connector: –
- Mobile Broadband: –
- Array microphone with Cortana and Alexa voice-recognition support
- Long-travel voice coils for improved low-frequency response
- Fingerprint sensor with Windows Hello support
- Combo audio jack
- 5.3mm-thin bezel with 84% screen-to-body ratio
- Anti-glare panel
- ASUS Smart Gesture
- Smart amplifier
- 178° wide-view technology
- Battery: 57Wh 3-cell lithium-polymer battery
- Use Time: up to –