How to add music on tiktok video with a third-party
How to add your own sound to a TikTok video using a third-party app
Note: TikTok has cracked down on users’ use of copyrighted music in videos of late; the audio you add here should be original to avoid the sound being removed from your video.
1. Download and open the InShot Video Editor app on your iPhone or Android device.
2. Under “Create New,” tap “Video.”
3. From your phone’s photo library, select the video you want to upload.
4. If you want to get rid of the video’s original sound, In the menu under the video, scroll to the right until you find the “Volume” button. Tap it, turn the volume all the way to zero, then tap the checkmark.
5. Next, scroll back to the left and tap the “Music” button.
6. Tap the button labeled “Tracks” to add sounds or music from your phone.
7. To add files from folders in your phone, tap “Imported music” under the “Featured” tab, and follow the on-screen instructions to find the file in your phone.
8. To edit the track, tap on it in the editing menu at the bottom of the screen, then select the “Edit” button on the toolbar above.
9. Trim the clip as desired, depending on what point in the song you want in your video. You can also adjust the volume and tap the “Fade in” and “Fade out” buttons if you want a fading effect on either end.
Once you’re satisfied, tap the checkmark next to the name of the track.
10. Return to the editing menu and drag your edited song clip around above your video clip until the song starts at the point in the video you’d like it to.
When you’re satisfied, tap the checkmark.
11. Watch a preview of your finished product to be sure you’re satisfied. Once you are, tap the export button at the top-right of the screen to save it to your phone.
12. When the video is finished saving, a new menu will appear. Select the “Other” button, to bring up the export menu.
13. From this menu, select the TikTok icon to upload the video directly to TikTok.
14. Tap “Share to TikTok,” then post the video as you normally would.