How to borrow e-books from your public library
E-book is an online platform that has continued to increase and inculcate reading among kids as it makes it easier for kids to access information online in their room without buying a book or visiting a library.
The introduction of e-book have discouraged the concept of “going to the library,”. Unlike in the past where people both young and old buy and read books online and in their comfort. The use of e-book became popular during the pandemic. Forced isolation encourage the popularity of borrowing e-books and audiobooks from local public libraries.
As movement restrictions began to reduce and libraries once again open to the public, new habits of borrowing all the books you want from your couch have become more firmly established. Services like OverDrive let public libraries distribute their collections virtually as e-books, which you can read via apps on your iOS or Android device or easily transfer to dedicated e-reader devices, such as a Kindle, Kobo, or Nook.
Here’s how to get started.
Borrowing library e-books for iOS and Android
OverDrive Libby App is easy and faster.
OverDrive is one of the world’s most popular distribution platforms for e-books, audiobooks, music, and videos.
Libby is OverDrive’s app, designed for iOS and Android devices and other Web via a desktop or laptop computer. It lets patrons browse their library’s content and check out selections.
- To start, downloading the Libby app from Play Store for Android devices or the App Store for iOS devices.
- After downloading it follow the steps below to begin borrowing e-books from your public library.
- Open the Libby app and pick Yes to indicate you have a library card.
- To look up your library by name, select I’ll Search For A Library.
- Enter your ZIP code or city into the box and select your library system from the list that appears.
- Libby will guess your local library. If it is incorrect, select Choose Another Location. Otherwise, tap on the name of your library.
- Enter your library card number and click Sign In.
- Click the Next button.
- At the top of the screen, enter the name of the book you would like to locate.
- Immediately when it sis found, select the Borrow button.
- Confirm by again in the Borrow again.
- Tap Open Book to begin reading.
- Tap the Libby button to begin reading on your smart device.
Hope this information was useful.
Credit: Jackie Dove.