How to Check Car Plate Number Owner in Nigeria
There are various easy ways to run a car plate number check in Nigeria. Here are some ways you can run a check.
How to run a Check on a Car Number Online
This method is very straightforward, all you need is to have an active internet connection.
- Go to the FRSC Number Plate verification page.
- Enter the Number Plate you want to verify in the box shown.
- Click on Submit.
The vehicle information will be displayed and you will also know whether the plate number is valid or not. If you see discrepancies, it is advised you visit the nearest FRSC office closest to you so they sort it out for you.
For cars registered in Lagos, the Lagos State government has a dedicated website for you to verify number plate, see the car type, chassis and when its registration will expire.
- Open https://www.lsmvaapvs.org/ in your internet browser.
- Enter the vehicle plate number without any space.
- Click on Search.
The vehicle information will be displayed to you.
How run a Check on Car Plate Owner via SMS
This is the second way to check car number plate owner in Nigeria is via SMS.
- In an SMS, Send verifyplateno (Car Plate Number) to 33324. For example – verifyplateno AKL342UV to 33324.
This way, you can easily verify plate number registration with FRSC.
Other ways to verify car plate number in Nigeria
If you have someone who works with the Federal Road Safety Commission in Nigeria it will be very easy. All you need to do is to just pass the person the number plate and they check the vehicle information for you. But what if you don’t know anyone, what things can you do? See below:
- When you report an incident to a police station involving a vehicle with genuine reasons, the police can help to check the vehicle information by tracking the plate number.
- Another way to check car number plate owner in Nigeria is by visiting the FRSC office. You must have a genuine reason backed by the police document begore visiting the authorities to verify plate number for you. If they are convinced, they will track and show you all information concerning the vehicle.
- If you got the cash to spend, you can hire a private investigator to do the job for you. Just know they don’t come cheap.