How to customize your Twitter account profile
You can customize your profile by selecting unique profile and header images, adding a name, bio, location, birth date, website and theme color, and by pinning a Tweet that other people will see when they visit your profile.
- Sign in to twitter.com or open your Twitter app (iOS or Android).
- Go to your profile.
- Click or tap the Edit profile button and you’ll be able to edit your:
- Header photo
- Profile photo
- Bio (maximum 160 characters)
- Theme color
- Birth date
- Click or tap into any of these areas and make your changes.
- When changing a profile or header photo, click or tap the camera icon and select Upload photo or Remove.
- You can choose to Show my Periscope profile through your Twitter profile (available if you’ve connected your Twitter account to your Periscope account).
- Click or tap Save changes.
You can how add your birth date and select who can view it on your profile: You can customize your Twitter profile by adding your birth date. You can control who on Twitter can see your birth date on your profile by using your birth date visibility settings.
- Sign in to twitter.com or open your iOS or Android app.
- Go to your profile and click or tap the Edit profile button.
- Click or tap the Birth date section.
- Select or change your birthday Day, Month, and Year. Please note that your birth date lets Twitter know that you’re old enough to use our services and that the birth date entered must be of the person operating the account.
- You can also review and change your birth date visibility settings. You will see two visibility settings, one to control visibility for your birth date year and the other to control visibility for your birth date month and day. Click a visibility icon (web) or adjust Who sees this (iOS or Android app) to change your settings. Learn more about your profile visibility settings.
- Click Save changes (web) or tap Done and then Save (iOS or Android app).
Pin and Unpin a Tweet from your profile
Follow these few steps to Pin a tweet
- Go to your profile.
- Find the Tweet you’d like to pin.
- Click or tap the icon located at the top of the Tweet.
- Select Pin to your profile.
- Click or tap Pin to confirm.
Follow these few steps to unPin a tweet
- Go to your profile page.
- From your pinned Tweet, click or tap the icon.
- Select Unpin from profile.
- Click or tap Unpin to confirm.