In a different and separate world, Reddit brings people from different communities together. The social media application allows you to connect with other users with similar interests, giving you a safe space to share opinions and content.
Of course, you tend to come across videos and images that deserve more views. While you can easily save images using the screenshot tool, downloading videos is a slightly more complicated process.
If you find yourself struggling with the same problem, you are in the right place. We offer you a helpful guide that will teach you how to download Reddit videos with audio.
How to download Reddit videos with audio
Method 1: use Reddit’s ChatBot to save videos
ChatBots on Reddit are fun AI robots that help you get things done on the platform. From serving as customer support to downloading videos, Reddit bots have a few tricks up their sleeves. You can download videos on Reddit using u / SaveVideo Bot:
- Log into Reddit and open the post containing the video you want to download.
- Tap “Add a comment” and type “u / SaveVideo”.
- Post your comment and wait a few seconds.
- Touch the ‘ icon shaped like a bell in the bottom right of the screen to access the notification page.
- The ChatBot u / SaveVideo should have responded to your comment. Tap the notification to proceed.
- You will find a link attached to your comment. Tap it to go to the video download page.
- Select the download quality of the video and save it to your device.
Method 2: use SoundCloud to MP3
SoundCloud to MP3 is one of the best free Reddit video downloaders online. Reddit videos have a long history of no sound on downloaded files. SoundCloud to MP3 can solve this problem.
- Log into Reddit on your browser or through the app and find the post you want to download.
- Click Share and select Copy Link.
- Go to the SoundCloud to MP3 website on your browser.
- Paste the link into the indicated text bar and click the yellow download button.
- The platform will recognize your file and download it to your device.
Method 3: use RedditSave to download videos
RedditSave is one of the most popular and easy to use Reddit video downloaders. Reddit officially recognizes the website and redirects ChatBot “u / SaveVideo” commands to RedditSave:
- Following the steps mentioned above, copy the URL of the post you want to download.
- Go to the RedditSave website on your browser.
- Paste the link into the blank text field and click the green download button.
- A new page will open containing links for downloading the video. According to your preferences, you can download the video in HD or SD quality.
- Click the download button to save the video file to your PC.
Method 4: use Viddit Video Downloader for Android
In recent years, Reddit has made a significant impact on the Android platform. The social media app has over 50 million downloads on the Play Store and a 4.5 star rating. While you can use the websites mentioned above to download videos, other apps do the job much better. Using the Viddit app, you can download Reddit videos on Android with audio.
- Open Google Play Store and search for Viddit – Video Downloader.
- Download the app on your Android device.
- Open the Reddit app and go to the post you want to download.
- Tap the Share button below the post.
- Scroll through the sharing options and tap Viddit.
- Wait a few seconds while Viddit recognizes the video.
- Tap Download to save the video to your device.
Method 5: use KEEPVid Online Video Downloader
KEEPVid is another reliable and effective video downloader that saves Reddit videos to your device.
- Log into Reddit and locate the video post you want to download.
- Use the share link or URL address bar to copy the link.
- Go to the KEEPVid video downloader website.
- Paste the link into the text field provided and click Go.
- Wait a few seconds while the website converts the link into a downloadable video.
- Click Download HD Video to save the Reddit video with audio.
Q1. What to do if the video does not download but plays?
When a video starts playing instead of downloading it, it is usually a preview of the file. On smartphones, tap and hold the video and click the download option that appears. On desktop browsers, right click on the video and click “Save Video As”. Name the file and click Save to download it to your PC.
Q2. Downloaded Reddit video has no audio, why?
On Reddit, very few videos actually have audio. Most are GIFs or animations that only contain images. However, if you’re sure a video has audio, try downloading it with reputable online downloaders like RedditSave.
We hope this guide was useful to you and that you were able to download Reddit videos with audio. Let us know which method worked best for you. If you have any questions about this article, feel free to ask them in the comments section.