To earn money on YouTube, you’ll need to apply for and be accepted into the YouTube Partner Program (YPP)
A few things to know
- We won’t tell you what you can create on YouTube, but we do have a responsibility to do right by our viewers, creators and advertisers. If you’re in the YouTube Partner Program, you have the ability to earn money through YouTube, and because of that, we hold you to a higher standard.
- To make sure we’re rewarding good creators, we review your channel before you’re accepted in the YouTube Partner Program. We also constantly review channels to ensure you’re meeting all our policies and guidelines.
Ways to make money in the YouTube Partner Program
You may be able to make money on YouTube through the following features:
- Advertising revenue: Get ad revenue from display, overlay, and video ads.
- Channel memberships: Your members make recurring monthly payments in exchange for special perks that you offer.
- Merchandise shelf: Your fans can browse and buy official branded merchandise that’s showcased on your watch pages.
- Super Chat & Super Stickers: Your fans pay to get their messages highlighted in chat streams.
- YouTube Premium Revenue: Get part of a YouTube Premium subscriber’s subscription fee when they watch your content.
Each feature has its own set of eligibility requirements on top of subscriber and view count requirements. If our reviewers believe that your channel or video is not eligible, you may not be able to turn a specific feature on. These extra thresholds exist for 2 main reasons. The most important one is that we have to meet legal requirements in every area where the feature is available. Then, because we want to reward good creators, we need to make sure we have enough context on your channel — which generally means we need more content to look at.
Keep in mind that we constantly review channels to make sure your content is in line with our policies.
Minimum eligibility requirements to turn on monetization features
Keep in mind that each feature has its own requirements. Some features may not be available to you due to local legal requirements.
Once you’ve been accepted in the YouTube Partner Program, you may get access to these monetization features:
|Ad revenue||Be at least 18 years old, or have a legal guardian older than 18 years of age who can handle your payments via AdSense.Create content that meets our advertiser-friendly content guidelines.|
|Channel memberships||Be at least 18 years oldHave more than 30,000 subscribers|
|Merchandise shelf||Be at least 18 years oldHave more than 10,000 subscribers|
|Super Chat & Super Stickers||Be at least 18 years oldLive in a country/region where Super Chat is available|
|YouTube Premium revenue||Create content watched by a viewer who is a YouTube Premium subscriber|