How To Enable WhatsApp Web Dark Mode
Below are the few and quick steps to activate the hidden dark mode feature on Whatsapp Web right away without using any third-party extension:
- Visit web.whatsapp.com and log in using QR code if you aren’t logged in already.
- Right-click on the space outside the chat. Now click on “Inspect” on the menu.
Or you can use these keyboard shortcuts to open a browser console:
(a)For Mac: ⌘ + Shift + C
(b)For Windows/Linux: Ctrl+Shift+I
You will now see the interface shown in the below screenshot
- Press Ctrl+F and look for the code: body class=”web”
- Double click on it to edit and add “dark” to it. Now, the code will read: <body class=”web dark”
- Press Enter to apply the changes.
Your WhatsApp Web will now have a dark theme.
Anyways,this is a temporary solution meaning refreshing or closing the tab will restore the original WhatsApp theme.