Your Google Account may have been hacked, hijacked, or compromised if you see the listed below:
- Changes you didn’t make: Your profile picture, descriptions, email settings, or sent messages are different.
- Uploaded videos that aren’t yours: Someone has posted videos as your Google Account. You may see email notifications about these videos, sometime in relation to penalties or strikes against bad content.
When you discover the above issue, You can still sign in to your “Google Account” by follow the steps to secure your Google Account.
Incase you can’t sign into your Google Account, follow the steps below for help getting back into your Google Account:
- Follow the steps to recover your account.
- You’ll be asked some questions to confirm it’s your account. Answer as best you can.
- If you’re having trouble, try the tips to complete account recovery steps.
- Reset your password when prompted. Choose a strong password that you haven’t already used with this account.
Here are steps on how to protect your account
Follow these steps to make your account more secure:
- Go to your Google Account.
- On the left navigation panel, click Security.
- In the Signing in to Google panel, add recovery options to get back in to your account easily in the future.
- Turn on 2-Step Verification to add another layer of security to your account.
- If you use Gmail, check your filters and forwarding settings. Make sure your mail isn’t being forwarded to an email address you didn’t set up.