How to hide ‘last seen time’ on Telegram?
Telegram is a freeware, cross-platform, cloud-based instant messaging software and application service. The service also provides end-to-end encrypted video calling, VoIP, file sharing and several other features. It was initially launched for iOS on 14 August 2013 and Android in October 2013.
Telegram is supported by Pavel Durov and his brother Nikolai. Pavel supports Telegram financially and ideologically while Nikolai’s input is technological. To make Telegram possible, Nikolai developed a unique custom data protocol, which is open, secure and optimized for work with multiple data-centers. As a result, Telegram combines security, reliability and speed on any network.
How to hide my last seen time on Telegram?
You can choose who sees this info in Privacy and Security settings.
Remember that you won’t see Last Seen timestamps for people with whom you don’t share your own. You will, however, see an approximate last seen value. This keeps stalkers away but makes it possible to understand whether a person is reachable over Telegram. There are four possible approximate values:
- Last seen recently — covers anything between 1 second and 2-3 days
- Last seen within a week — between 2-3 and seven days
- Last seen within a month — between 6-7 days and a month
- Last seen a long time ago — more than a month (this is also always shown to blocked users)
Who can see me ‘online’?
The last seen rules apply to your online status as well. People can only see you online if you’re sharing your last seen status with them.
There are some exceptions because sometimes it is obvious that you are online. Regardless of the last seen settings, people will see you online for a brief period (~30 seconds) if you do the following:
- Send them a message in a one-on-one chat or in a group where you both are members.
- Read a message they sent you in a one-on-one chat.
- Broadcast a “typing…” status to their chat with you or to a group where you both are members.
If you’re not sharing your last seen timestamp with someone and don’t do anything of the above, they’ll never see you online. Another way of achieving this is to block that person.