How to increase your Twitter followers
When you’re excited about something you’ve Tweeted and want to share it with more people, you can promote it to increase its reach and help it find a bigger audience. Promoting a Tweet is easy, and we provide tools to help you track progress and view results along the way.
To get started, find the Tweet you would like to promote (you can only promote a Tweet that you’ve already posted):
- Go to your profile.
- Via web: Click your profile icon.
- On Twitter for iOS: In the top menu, tap your profile icon, then tap Profile.
- On Twitter for Android: In the top menu, you will either see a navigation menu icon or your profile icon. Tap whichever icon you have, then tap Profile.
- Find the Tweet you’d like to promote.
- Click or tap the View Tweet activity icon
- Click or tap Promote your Tweet.
- The first time you promote a Tweet, provide the following information:
- Select your Country and time zone, provide your Contact information, and agree to the Twitter Advertising Terms. Then tap Next.
- Enter your Credit/debit card information and your Billing address. Then tap Next.
Note: This information will be securely stored for future promoted Tweets.
- Under Targeting, select the Location you would like to target with your Tweet. You can select Worldwide or target areas closer to your location.
- Under Budget, select the amount you would like to spend. You can spend between $10 and $2,500 (or local equivalent), and we’ll show you the estimated number of engagements for each amount.
- Click or tap Confirm spend to kick off your promotion.