NIN stands for National Identification Number, and this is a unique 11 digit number assigned to every Nigerian, as long as you’re a Nigerian, you should own a NIN. 9mobile is amongst the top telecommunication companies in Nigeria and has specially made NIN-SIM linkage very easy.
Below is how to link NIN to your 9mobile SIM in Nigeria.
How to register for NIN
You can register for your NIN by visiting any NIMC Enrolment Centres or your preferred telco centres (some network providers have been authorised to enrol people for NIN) to register your National Identification Number.
Here’s a quick step-by-step guide to registering for NIN:
- Fill out the NIMC Pre Enrolment online form by visiting Pre Enrolment Portal, download and print Pre Enrolment Slip.
- Submit your application at the nearest NIMC Registration Centre.
- NIN issuance.
How to retrieve your NIN on 9mobile
If you have registered or previously had a NIN but can’t remember it, then dial *346# directly on your 9mobile-powered phone to instantly get your NIN.
How to link NIN to your 9mobile
Linking your National Identification Number to your 9mobile SIM can be done in three ways. You can link by using the 9mobile NIN Code, 9mobile NIN Portal or via the NIMC Mobile App. Carefully follow the detailed explanations below.
Link NIN via 9mobile NIN Code
9mobile NIN Code for linking is *200*8# and it only works for Airtel lines. If you already have your NIN, just follow the steps below to link it.
- Dial *200*8# to link your National Identification Number (NIN) on 9mobile.
Link NIN via 9mobile NIN Portal
- Visit the 9mobile NIN portal via this link.
- Fill in the boxes with the required info
- Click on submit and wait for the SMS that’ll be sent to your 9mobile number.
Link NIN via NIMC App
To get started, you’ll need your National Identification Number (NIN) issued by the National Identity Management Commission or one of its authorised agents, as well as a Mobile Number (which you provided at NIN enrolment) to get an OTP upon using the Mobile ID app.