How to permanently delete my Facebook account
Before deleting your account, you may want to download a copy of your information (like your photos and posts) from Facebook. Because after your account has been deleted, you won’t be able to retrieve anything you’ve added.To permanently delete your account here are few steps to follow
- Click at the top right of any Facebook page.
- Click Settings then click Your Facebook Information in the left column.
- Click Deactivation and Deletion.
- Choose Delete Account, then click Continue to Account Deletion.
- Enter your password, click Continue and then click Delete Account.
You can cancel account deletion if it’s been less than 30 days since you initiated the deletion, you can cancel your account deletion. After 30 days, your account and all your information will be permanently deleted, and you won’t be able to retrieve your information.It may take up to 90 days from the beginning of the deletion process to delete all the things you’ve posted. While we’re deleting this information, it’s not accessible to other people using Facebook.Copies of your information may remain after the 90 days in backup storage that we use to recover in the event of a disaster, software error, or other data loss event. We may also keep your information for things like legal issues, terms violations, or harm prevention efforts.
- Log into your Facebook account within 30 days of deleting your account.
- Click Cancel Deletion.