To finish creating an account, you need to confirm that you own the email or mobile phone number that you used to create the account:
- To confirm your mobile number, enter the code you get via text message (SMS) in the Confirm box that shows up when you log in. Learn what to do if you didn’t get the SMS.
- To confirm your email, click or tap the link in the email you got when you created the account. Learn what to do if you can’t find the email.
Confirming your email or mobile number helps us know that we’re sending your account info to the right place.Note: Please confirm your email or mobile number as soon as possible. You may not be able to use your account until you confirm your email or mobile number.
HOW TO CREATE A STRONG FACEBOOK PASSWORD
When you create a new password, keep in mind:
- Your password should be easy for you to remember but difficult for others to guess.
- Your Facebook password should be different than the passwords you use to log into other accounts, like your email or bank account.
- Longer passwords are usually more secure.
- Your password should not be your email, phone number or birthday.
If you see a message letting you know the password you entered isn’t strong enough, try mixing together uppercase and lowercase letters. You can also make the password more complex by making it longer with a phrase or series of words that you can easily remember, but no one else knows.