Motorola has announced the Motorola Edge 30 Pro flagship which is based on the China-exclusive Edge X30. It is also the same US-exclusive Motorola Edge Plus 2022.
This device brings nearly identical hardware to the international Edge 30 Pro but offers slower 30W charging compared to the Edge 30 Pro’s 68W speeds. Carrier unlocked Edge Plus 2022 devices will offer C-ban compatible sub-6Ghz 5G connectivity while Verizon models will do mmWave. The rest of the key specs are identical to the Edge 30 Pro.
You still get a 6.7-inch FHD+ P-OLED screen with a speedy 144Hz refresh rate. Qualcomm’s latest Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 chip sits at the helm aided by 8/12GB RAM and up to 512GB storage.
The camera department features a 50MP main sensor alongside a 50MP ultrawide snapper and a 2MP depth helper. The selfie shooter brings a 60MP sensor housed in the centered punch-hole cutout.
Motorola is also selling a Smart Stylus accessory if you’re the type of person that likes to jot down notes or draw on your phone.
You get Android 12 on the software side with Motorola’s MyUX interface on top and the “Ready For” platform for connecting external monitors a la Samsung DeX. Motorola is guaranteeing two years of Android OS updates.
Motorola Edge 30 Pro Specifications
- 2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2 (dual-SIM)
- 3G bands: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 4G bands: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 32, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 48, 66
- 5G bands: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41, 66, 77, 78 SA/NSA/Sub6
- Speed: HSPA 42.2/5.76 Mbps, LTE-A (CA) Cat20 2000/150 Mbps, 5G
- Announced: 2022, January 24
- Status: Exp. release 2022, March 04
- Dimensions: 163.1 x 76 x 8.8 mm (6.42 x 2.99 x 0.35 in)
- Weight: 196 g (6.91 oz)
- Build: Glass front (Gorilla Glass 3), glass back (Gorilla Glass 5), plastic frame
- Colors: Cosmos Blue, Stardust White
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Water-repellent design
- Type: OLED, 1B colors, 144Hz, HDR10+
- Size: 6.7 inches, 108.4 cm2 (~87.4% screen-to-body ratio)
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels, 20:9 ratio (~393 ppi density)
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Always-on display
- Android 12
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8450 Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 (4 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (1×3.00 GHz Cortex-X2 & 3×2.50 GHz Cortex-A710 & 4×1.80 GHz Cortex-A510)
- GPU: Adreno 730
- Storage: 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM, 512GB 12GB RAM
- Memory Card slot: No
- UFS 3.1
- Main Camera: Triple
- 50 MP, f/1.8, (wide), 1/1.55″, 1.0µm, multi-directional PDAF, OIS
- 50 MP, f/2.2, 114˚ (ultrawide), 1/2.76″, 0.64µm
- 2 MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Features: Dual-LED dual-tone flash, HDR, panorama
- Video: 8K@24fps, 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60/120/240/960fps, 10-bit HDR10+, gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: Single – 60 MP, f/2.2, (wide), 1/2.8″, 0.61µm
- Features: HDR
- Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/120fps
- Radio: No
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- Audio 3.5mm jack: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6e, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.2, A2DP, LE
- GPS: Yes, with dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO
- NFC: Yes
- USB: USB Type-C 3.1, DisplayPort 1.4
- Sensors: Fingerprint (side-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass, barometer
- Ready For support
- Battery Type and Capacity: Li-Po 4800 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: Fast charging 68W, 100% in 35 min (advertised) – International
- Fast charging 30W – North America
- Fast wireless charging 15W
- Reverse wireless charging 5W
Motorola Edge 30 Pro Price and Availability
Motorola Edge Plus 2022 (Edge 30 Pro) comes in Cosmos Blue and Stardust White colors and retails for $999 though you can get a $100 discount on pre-orders.
Interested buyers can register your interest on Moto’s US website and expect to see the device in Version, Boost Mobile, and Republic Wireless stores too.