My Facebook group can’t be found in search, how to fix it.
If your group can’t be found in Facebook search results, it may be because;
- Your group is hidden from search.
- You may have accidentally misspelled your group’s name in search.
- Your group may have been removed for going against our Community Standards.
- You may have been removed or blocked from the group.
Your Facebook search results are based on things like your Facebook activity and Facebook community activity.
Difference between a visible and hidden Facebook group and how do I change it
Group admins can choose to make their group visible or hidden.
- Visible: Anyone can find the group in search and other places on Facebook.
- Hidden: Only members can find the group in search and other places on Facebook.
NOTE: public groups can only be visible. To hide a public group, first change the group’s privacy from public to private, and then hide the group.
|Who can see the group’s name?||Anyone||Current, invited and former members|
|Who can see the group description?||Anyone||Current, invited and former members|
|Who can find the group in search and other places on Facebook?||People on Facebook||Current, invited and former members|
|Who can request to join?||People on Facebook||Former members|
To make your group visible or hidden
- From your News Feed, click Groups in the left menu and select your group.
- Click More then select Edit Group Settings.
- Scroll down to Hide Group and click Visible or Hidden.
- Scroll down and click Save.