OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro get One-Handed Mode with the latest open beta
Last month OnePlus released OxygenOS Open Beta 7 for the OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro that came with a Chromatic Reading Mode, optimized RAM management, and a few bug fixes. Now the company has released Open Beta 8, which brings One-Handed Mode to both smartphones.
The One-Handed Mode can be enabled by heading to the Quick Gestures menu and activated by pulling the screen down with a swipe down on the left or right edge. However, OnePlus’ implementation of one-handed mode is different from some other makers’ since it doesn’t minimize the entire screen.
One-Handed Mode on OnePlus 7/7 Pro
Besides bringing the One-Handed Mode, the Open Beta 8 fixes a couple of camera-related issues and bumps up the Android security patch level on the two smartphones to December 2019. You can check out the complete changelog below:
- Optimized the mistouches when the phone was in pocket
- Fixed the display issue on the uninstalling page
- Updated Android security patch to 2019.12
- Improved system stability and general bug fixes
- Fixed the crash issue while opening the app
- Fixed the black screen issue
OnePlus didn’t officially announce the rollout of Open Beta 8 at the time of writing this, but you’ll receive an OTA on your 7/7 Pro in a few days if it’s running a previous beta build.