OnePlus has officially begun rolling out the Android 11-based OxygenOS 11 update to its devices.
OnePlus is currently rolling out the latest OxygenOS updates for the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro. The OxygenOS 11 rollout is happening in a staged manner — first arriving for those who were testing the OxygenOS 11 beta, and later arriving in normal OnePlus 8 series users in the coming days.
The new Android 11-based OxygenOS 11 brings several new features for OnePlus users. From the much-awaited Always-on Display, a revamped Zen Mode, to including the biggest features of Android 11; there is a lot to unwrap once you download the OxygenOS 11 update.
Here is the full changelog for the OnePlus 8/8Pro OxygenOS 11 update —
- Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details.
- Brand-new weather UI supports dynamic switches between sunrise and sunset. You can have day and night at your hand now.
- Optimized stability on some third-party applications and improved user experience.
- Game Space
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text-only, heads up and block, just for your immersive gaming experience.
- Newly added quick reply feature in a small window for Instagram and WhatsApp. (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
- Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out.
- Ambient Displsy
- Added Always-on ambient Display function, custom Schedule/All day option included. (To set: Settings > Display > Ambient Display)
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data. (To set: Settings > Customization > Clock Style)
- Newly added 10 new clock styles. (To set: Settings > Customization > Clock Style)
- Dark Mode
- Added the shortcut key for Dark Mode, pull down the quick setting to enable.
- Supporting automatically turn on feature & customize time range. (To set: Settings > Display > Dark Mode > Turn on automatically > Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise/Custom time range.)
- Zen Mode
- Added 5 new themes (ocean, space, grassland, and so on), and more timing options.
- Included the Group feature in Zen Mode, now you can invite your friends and enable the Zen Mode together.
- Story function supported, automatically forming weekly videos with photos and video in storage.
- Loading speed optimized, and the image preview is now faster.
- The widget on the desktop might disappear. It can be set as followed: Long press on the desktop -“Widget” – “Settings” – Select the widget.
In the community post, OnePlus has also revealed a list of OnePlus devices that will be receiving Android 11 updates. Here are all the OnePlus devices that will get the OxygenOS 11 update —
- OnePlus 8T
- OnePlus 8Pro
- OnePlus 8
- OnePlus 7T Pro
- OnePlus 7T
- OnePlus 7Pro
- OnePlus 7
- OnePlus 6T
- OnePlus 6
- OnePlus Nord
OnePlus 8T, which will be unveiled on October 14th, will be running the latest OxygenOS 11 update out of the box. Apart from the OnePlus 8T, 8 and 8Pro, there is no release timeline for the other OxygenOS 11 supported devices.