The Xiaomi Redmi 10X 5G offers a package that accrues the title of being one of the best smartphones within the $200 price range. The chief of its features is its 5G support, which is facilitated by its MediaTek Dimensity 820 5G processor. This article covers its specs and price which will help in making your purchase decision.
Xiaomi Redmi 10x 5G Key Specs and Features
- 6.57-inches AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2400 pixels, (401 PPI)
- Android 10.0; MIUI 11
- Octa-core MediaTek MT6875 Dimensity 820 5G Processor
- 6GB or 8GB RAM
- 64GB / 128GB / 256GB Built-in Storage, with Micro-SD Support
- 48MP + 8MP + 2MP Triple Rear Camera
- 16MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Sensor (under display, optical)
- 22.5W Fast Charge
- 4520mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
The Xiaomi Redmi 10x 5G takes after the Redmi Note 9 series in terms of design. Most design elements were retained, giving enthusiasts a familiar feeling and appearance.
Upfront we have a 6.57-inch OLED display with a drop notch, as opposed to the punch hole mechanism we saw on the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro. This display has a screen resolution of 1080 x 2400 and a screen density of 401 PPI.
The rear panel is home to a square camera module that houses a triple camera and an LED flash. Below the camera module is the Redmi branding, which somehow indicates its a Xiaomi Smartphone.
The Xiaomi Redmi 10x 5G’s build comprises of Gorilla Glass 5 on the front and rear. Xiaomi also made claims that this Android smartphone is splash-proof.
The Xiaomi Redmi 10x 5G comes packed with quad cameras isn’t a far cry from what we saw on the likes of the Xiaomi Redmi Note 9s. However, there is a drop in the number of rear cameras.
The rear camera setup is home to triple cameras which comprise a 48MP primary camera, an 8MP ultrawide camera, and a 2MP depth camera. This camera setup is capable of 4k video record at 30fps, 1080p video record capped @ 60fps and 720p video record capped at 960fps.
Selfies are manned by a single 16MP front-facing camera, which is also capable of video record capped at 108p @ 30fps.
Hardware and Software
The Xiaomi Redmi 10x 5G packs in upper mid-range hardware, which sets it in the same leagues as the Realme X50 Pro 5G. In summary, you have got smartphone hardware that is capable of running power-intensive tasks.
Under the hood, is an Octa-core Meditake Dimensity 820 5G processor, a Mali-G57 MC5 GPU, 6GB / 8GB RAM, 64GB / 128GB / 256GB internal storage and and a 4520mAh battery.
On the software side, you have got the MIUI 11 interface running on the Android 10.0 operating system.
The Xiaomi Redmi 10x 5G 5G features a USB Type C (2.0) port, dual-band wifi, and Bluetooth 5.1.
Thanks to the MediaTek Dimensity processor, enthusiasts can enjoy 5G speeds for streaming, downloads, and uploads.
Xiaomi Redmi 10x 5G Price and Availability
The price of the Xiaomi 10x 5G starts $224 for the base 6GB / 64GB variant which is about 86,800 Naira, in 23,846 Kenyan shillings, and 1,294 in Ghana cedi.
The Realme Xiaomi Redmi 10x 5G was announced on May 26th, 2020, and is currently available for purchase. It comes in Blue, Gold, Pink/Blue.
Xiaomi Redmi 10x 5G Specs
Here are a few specs of the Xiaomi Redmi 10x 5G:
- Platform: Android 10.0; MIUI 11
- Processor: Octa-core MediaTek MT6875 Dimensity 820 5G
- GPU: Mali-G57 MC5
- Memory: 6GB / 8GB
- Colours: Blue, Gold, Pink/Blue
- Dimension: 164.2 x 75.8 x 9 mm
- Weight: 205 g
- SIM Type: Nano
- SIM Count: Dual
- Display: 6.57-inch AMOLED 1080 x 2400 Pixels, 401 PPI
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 48MP (Primary) f/1.8 + 8MP (Ultrawide) + 2MP (Depth) f/2.4
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR, Panorama, 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60fps, 720p@960fps
- Front Camera: 16 MP, f/2.3, HDR, Panorama, 1080p@30fps
- Built-in Storage: 64GB / 128GB / 256GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G: 1, 3, 41, 78, 79 SA/NSA
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, Hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 5.1, A2DP, LE
- NFC: –
- Infrared Blaster: Yes
- USB Port: Yes, USB Type-C (2.0)
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging:
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: FM radio; Built-in antenna
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- Maps: Yes, Google Maps
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: –
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Under the display, Optical)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Google Assistant
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: 4250 mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
- Fast Charging: Yes, 22.5W Fast Charging Capacity