Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G is the 5G variant of the standard Galaxy Note 20 ultra. Basically, its the same smartphone. What makes the difference here is its 5G support. Aside from that, we have go the same design, build, display processor, battery etcetera. It is best suited for enthusiasts who desire the zenith of internet connection.
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G Key Specs & Features
- Android 10, One UI 2.5
- 6.9-inch Dynamic AMOLED Display, 1440 x 3088, Up to 120Hz Refresh Rate
- Octa-core Exynos 990 (Global)
- Octa-core Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865+ (USA)
- 108MP + 12MP + 12MP Triple Rear Camera
- 10MP Front Camera
- 128GB / 256GB / 512GB Built-in Storage, SD-Card Support
- 12GB RAM
- 5G Support
- Fingerprint (Under Display, Ultrasonic)
- Fast Charging (25W Capacity)
- Reverse wireless charging (9W)
- 4500 mAh Non-removable Li-ion Battery
Display and Design
The Samsung Galaxy Note 20 ultra 5G bears the same design as its non 5G variant sibling. Both smartphones are identical. They also have the same colour variants, which further makes it difficult to differentiate both smartphones.
On the rear, we have a camera bump housing a triple cameras and an LED flash. Here you will also find the Samsung branding which indicates its a Samsung smartphone.
Upfront we have a massive 6.9-inch Dynamic AMOLED display with a resolution of 1440 x 3088, a 120Hz refresh rate and a density of 496 PPI.
Please note that enthusiasts will only be able to use 120Hz refresh rate feature when they switch to 1080p mode. Also the refresh drops below 120Hz when running apps that do not require as much frame rates.
The Build of the Galaxy Note 20 ultra 5G comprises of Gorilla Glass Victus on the rear and front panel, which offers a 2m drop protection as well as double the scratch resistance of the Gorilla Glass 6 on the Galaxy Note 10 Plus.
You also get an IP68 rating for water and dust resistance. This device can survive in about 1.5m of water for about 30 minutes, which is sort of enough for you to retrive your device, in an event that it get submerged in water.
An Improved S-Pen
The S-Pen has over the years received series of upgrade, all of which were aimed to making it a better stylus befiting the Galaxy Note. This year samsung is taking things a bit up a notch.
The S-Pen on the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 ultra 5G offers 9ms latency, as opposed to the 42ms latency we had on previous versions.
This reduction in latency means inputs are going to be registered a lot faster, likened to an instant. Similar to the way we have it on the likes of the Apple Pencil on the Apple iPad Pro 12.9 2020.
The storage of the S-Pen was also shifted from the right side to the left. A development that is going to need a lot of mastering. Especially for those owned previous editions of the Galaxy Note.
The cameras on the Galaxy Note 20 utra 5G may be an upgrade of the Galaxy Note 10 plus, but they certainly aren’t new to Samsung’s lineup of smartphones. Honourbale mentions to the Samsung Galaxy S20 ultra 5G.
On the rear, we have a trio of cameras, which include a 108MP primary camera with an aperture of a 12MP periscope telephoto camera that offers up to 50x zoom and a 12MP ultrawide camera with an aperture of f/2.2.
with this rear camera setup, you can shoot videos in the following modes. 8K @ 24fps, 4K@30/60fps,1080p@30/60/240fps, 720p@960fps.
Selfies are manned by a 10MP camera with an aperture of f/2.2. This camera is capable of recording 4K@30/60fps and 1080p@30fps.
Hardware and Software
On the performance side, we have got one of the most power hardware on a smartphone. The Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G packs in specs that accures it the title of being one of the most power 5G smartphones available.
For starters, we have two processor and GPU variants. Enthusiasts in the USA will get the Snapdragon 865 Plus processor and the Adreno 650 GPU, while others will get the Exynos 990 Processor and the Mali-G77 MP11 GPU.
However, the RAM and storage varaints are uniform across the globe. We have 12GB of RAM 128GB , 256GB and 512GB of built-in storage options. We also have a non-removable 4300mAh Li-ion battery.
On the software side, we have the One UI 2.5 interface running on the Android 10 operating system.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 20 ultra 5G features Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth 5.1, and NFC. It also features a USB Type-C port with Ultra-wideband technology (UWB) for fast transfers.
Please note that enthusiasts in UK, USA, and most other countries will be getting the 5G only variant of the Note 20 Ultra. However, enthusiasts in Australia will have the option of a 4G -only variant.
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra Price and Availability
The price of the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G starts at $1299, which translates to 494,269 Naira in Nigeria, 140,877 KSH in Kenya, and 7,489 GHC in Ghana.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G was announced on August 5th, 2020 and is expected to go on sale on August 21st, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra Specs
Here are a few specs of the Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra:
- Platform: Android 10, One UI 2.5
- Processor: Exynos 990 (2×2.73 GHz Mongoose M5 & 2×2.50 GHz Cortex-A76 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55) – Global OR Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865+ (1×3.0 GHz Kryo 585 & 3×2.42 GHz Kryo 585 & 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 585) – USA
- GPU: Mali-G77 MP11 – Global or Adreno 650 – USA
- Memory: 12GB RAM
- Colours: Mystic Bronze, Mystic Black, Mystic White
- Dimension: 164.8 x 77.2 x 8.1 mm
- Weight: 208 g
- SIM Type: Dual-SIM
- SIM Count: Nano-SIM
- Display: 6.9-inch Dynamic AMOLED Display, 1440 x 3088, 120Hz@FHD/60Hz@QHD Refresh Rate
- Screen Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass Victus
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 108MP (Wide) f/1.8 + 12MP (Periscope Telephoto) f/3.0, 5x Optical Zoom, 50x Hybrid Zoom + 12MP (Ultrawide) f/2.2, 120˚
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, auto-HDR, Panorama, 8K@24fps, 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/240fps, 720p@960fps, HDR10+, stereo sound rec., gyro-EIS & OIS
- Front Camera: 10 MP Camera, f/2.2, Dual video call, Auto-HDR, 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30fps
- Built-in Storage: 128GB / 256GB / 512GB
- Memory Card Support: microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: 2000 1xEV-DO
- 4G LTE: LTE
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: –
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: –
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE, aptX
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Type-C 1.0 reversible connector, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes (Snapdragon model only; Market/operator Dependent)
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: No
- Navigation: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/6, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: Yes
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (under display, ultrasonic),
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: Yes
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control:
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: Yes (15W Fast Qi/PMA)
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: Yes (IP68, up to 1.5m for 30 mins)
- Dust Resistant: Yes
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: 4500 mAh Non-Removable Li-ion Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 25W Capacity