TECNO unveil Spark 5 PRO with quad-rear cameras and Helio A25
The TECNO Spark 5 Pro is just in with a tall 6.6-inch Dot-In display, QUAD-rear cameras, 8-megapixel front camera, 5000mAh battery and powered by MediaTek Helio A25 with 4GB of RAM.
Spark 5 PRO was officially announced in India, joining others in the Tecno Spark series phone lineup. Last month, the company introduced Spark Power 2 in India with MediaTek Helio P22 processor.
The Spark 5 PRO is the top-end variant to the TECNO Spark 5 and Spark 5 AIR family lineup. Between the phones, you can easily pick out the similarities and differences.
TECNO Spark 5 Pro Specs
- Display: 6.6-inch (1600 x 720 pixels) HD+ 20:9 aspect ratio 2.5D curved glass display with 480 nits brightness
- Dimensions: 164.7 x 76.3 x 8.75 mm
- Weight: 192g
- Design: 3D back cover with a gradient finish
- Back cameras: 16-megapixels rear camera with f/1.8, 2-megapixels macro lens, 2-megapixels depth sensor, and AI camera lens
- Front camera: 8-megapixels front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor: YES (rear-mounted)
- Processor: Octa-Core MediaTek Helio A25 12nm processor
- GPU: IMG IMG PowerVR GE8320
- RAM: 4GB RAM
- Storage: 64GB internal storage, expandable up to 256GB via MicroSD card slot
- OS: Android 10 with HiOS 6.1
- SIM: Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- Connectivity and Sound: 3.5mm audio jack, DTS-HD Surround Sound, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, micro USB
- Battery: 5000mAh battery with 10w charging tech
The Spark 5 Air sports a phablet-sized 7-inch 720 pixels HD+ display, but the Spark 5 and Spark 5 PRO holds the 6.6-inch HD+ 720p Dot-in display, which rises up to 90.2% screen ratio.
All the phones in the series pack a 3D back cover with a gradient finish. You can find the PRO variant in an Ice Jadeite, Spark Orange, Seabed Blue, and Cloud White colors option.
In order to remain at the top with QUAD LED Flash, the Spark 5 PRO comes with a 16-megapixels QUAD rear camera setup, slightly different from the Spark 5’s 13-megapixels QUAD rear camera.
However, the other three cameras are still stuck at 2-megapixels macro lens, 2-megapixels depth sensor, and AI camera lens. As expected, the phone camera support AI Scene detection, AI HDR, and then the Wider and Better AI Bokeh Effect.
The AI scene detection detects 10 different scene detection, the AI HDR for the light part from getting overexposed, and the background AI Bokeh Effect for better portraits better focus.
Inside the all the Spark 5 lineup carries an 8-megapixels front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture. With Portrait HDR for a brighter selfie in a low light condition, AI Face Unlock, AI Beauty Mode, portrait Bokeh Effect 2.0, and a brilliant Wide Selfie.
The phone has a fingerprint sensor on the back, micro USB and 3.5mm audio jack at the bottom of the phone, and the connectivity includes 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS.
Its sound quality has been enhanced by DTS-HD Surround Sound. It supports a dedicated dual SIM, and it runs on Android 10 OS out of the box, with the Tecno’s skin HiOS 6.1 on top.
Inside the phone is an Octa-Core MediaTek Helio A25 12nm processor, ARM Cortex-A53 at 1.8GHz + ARM Cortex-A53 at 1.5GHz with IMG IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU for graphic control.
The Tecno Spark 5 PRO is available in a single version, 4GB of RAM with 64GB of internal storage, expandable up to 256GB with a dedicated microSD card slot. It measures 8.75mm and weighs 192g.
In order to keep the phone light on, TECNO incorporated a 5000mAh battery with 10w charging inside the Spark 5 PRO. Tecno says it offers 17 hours of video playback, 115 hours of music, 13 hours of gameplay, 18 hours of web browsing, 31 hours of call time, and 480 hours of standby time.
It is available via India Amazon and in over 35,000 retail stores across the country. It costs Rs. 10,499 (~$140), which is around N54,000 in Nigerian currency.